Thursday, March 17, 2011

Emily vs. The Grocery Store

As weird as it might be, I have an irrational fear of the grocery store. I know I'm not the only one. You other grocery-store-phobic people know that feeling all too well! I believe it's technically a form of agoraphobia. It's just strangely petrifying the way the florescent lights give you nowhere to hide. How about the mass amount of items that you have to look through? Am I forgetting something? Should I buy this? Can I afford all of this? What if my credit card declines? All of these questions race through my head as I push my cart up and down every single aisle in the store with the hope that I won't forget something. That list I made? Forget it. I either left it at home or don't dare to pull it from my pocket to see what's written on it. Surely I'll remember everything, right? Not so much. I organize everything obsessively in my cart and head towards the checkout line. Usually I remember what I've forgotten once I get there, but there's no way I would leave my spot in line and return to the aisle of the forgotten. Then I'd have to suffer the anxiety of standing in line again. By the time I make it out of the grocery store, my face is red and I'm mentally exhausted. The mere mental exhaustion makes me never want to return again.

Alas, I haven't been to the grocery store for months, and I've been eating fast food, junk food, and pretty much everything that isn't good for you food. I feel this poor diet taking a toll on my body and surely my bank account. It's time to conquer the dreaded grocery store and make some healthier food choices. Wish me luck...

Peace, Love, & Paw Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment